Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I Hunt Killers


Title: I hunt Killers
Series and number: Jasper Dent #1
Author: Barry Lygra
Genre: Suspense
Sub-genre: Crime, Thriller, mystery
Pages:  361
Published: 2012
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
ISBN:  0316125849
Reader's Annotation: What if your dad was a notorious serial killers?
Summary: Jasper (Jazz) Dent is a teenager who lives with his grandmother after his father is arrested as a notorious serial killer. But his world is about to change when a body that is an exact copy of his father's kills shows up in his town again. What will Jasper and his friend and girlfriend do to help the cops catch the killer?
My Evaluation: woah... I wasn't quite sure about this book but the last 1/3 were AMAZING. It was a little slow to get into and was questioning why Lygra did some of things he did but at the end it totally made sense. Now I can't wait to read more!
Rating:  4.2 out of 5
NOTE: This is classified as a Young Adult novel, however I wouldn't have someone younger than 15 at the very least read this book. It has many graphic details that aren't appropriate for many readers.