Sunday, March 18, 2012

Conspiracy theories

Title: The Poet Prince
Author: Kathleen McGowan
Genre: Historical Fiction
Sub-genre: Mystery
Series number: Is book 3 in the Magdalene Line Series
Pages:  408
Published: 2010
Publisher: Touchstone
ISBN:  0743299981
Reader's Annotation: Where will Maureen's work take her now?
Summary: Maureen's work has led her through France and Tuscany, Now, she must continue her research into the Spear of Destiny and Beringer's own family line. Twists and turns will come along the way as, Maureen, Beringer, Tammy, Roland, and Peter intertwine their pasts.
My Evaluation: While I thoroughly enjoy McGowan's writing style (I have written about the first book here), I didn't like this book as much. The first 1/3 of the book seemed to be a rehashing of the first two which, if you're reading this one you didn't need. I also felt like McGowan was rushing this one a bit. While the other two I listened to as audiobooks, this didn't matter so much but not having chapters annoyed me quiet a bit
Rating:  3.5 out of 5