Tuesday, March 20, 2012

River Runs


Title: In the Heart of the Canyon
Author: Elisabeth Hyde
Genre: Adventure
Sub-genre: Southwest
Pages:  304
Published: 2009
Publisher: Knopf Publishing Group
ISBN: 0307263673
Reader's Annotation: Will they ever get down the river?
Summary: Grand Canyon river guide, JT takes a group of individuals down the Colorado river. Along they way they meet new people and go through parlous situations.
My Evaluation: I don't really know what to make of it. It was a decent book. I thoroughly enjoyed the way it was written. It was really easy to read and was faster paced then I thought it was originally going to be but the first half of the book was slow.. really slow. I definitely identified with Amy alot for the first half of the book... second half not so much (won't give away why). But overall when I got to the end I couldn't put it down.
Rating:  4 out of 5