Friday, March 23, 2012

Paris mysteries


Title: Murder in the Marais
Author: Cara Black
Genre: Crime
Sub-genre: Mystery, Parisian
Pages:  354
Published: 2003
Publisher: Soho Crime
ISBN: 1569471592
Reader's Annotation: Will Parisian ghosts catch up with Aimee?
Summary: Aimee takes a case that makes her question everything including who she can actually trust.
My Evaluation: This story had good framework and for the most part I liked it. However, there were just some areas where seemed incredibly out of place, kind of like Black did not explain a detail enough for the reader to make sense of why it mattered. but overall I really enjoyed it. It was a good crime/mystery book. I'll probably pick up the next in the series. The only thing that really annoyed me about the book was Black not translating the foreign words. The French wasn't an issue, it was the German. It drives me nuts if any other does that.
Rating:  4 out of 5